Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Topic

UPDATE:

I decided to switch my topic to "Ethnicity in Politics".

I decided to focus on the topic of having a playoff system in college football. One of the main reasons I have chosen this topic is the fact that in the last couple years controversy has often followed the conclusion of the BCS national championship With a playoff system intact a true national champions could be decided without the need for controversy.
The blueprint followed by a majority of sports leagues is something the NCAA should look at when deciding its football champion.  Being a huge college football fan I do have some knowledge with the current system consisting of the BCS formula.  This current formula uses a combination of polls and computer rankings to determine the two teams vying for the national championship.
The information I would like to focus on would be the legalities of the system and how the government can intervene.  I want to focus on what it would take for the governing bodies of the NCAA to implement a playoff system in sports.  I want to know who makes the decisions and who has the ability to influence those decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment